Monday, January 7, 2008

FHE....Commandment as a single to attend???

Tonight I went to FHE, at least part of it. I showed up late which was fine because it never starts on time anyway. I found out that we would be watching a Charlie Chaplin movie and drinking soda from what I assume was left over from a summer activity. I noticed that as the movie began some of my friends snuck out the back. Hmmm.....great, a movie that I don't want to see and nobody around to make fun of others. I decided that I could make myself much more useful by visiting someone in the quorum that was not in attendance. That was an interesting experience. The question is.......Is FHE a commandment as a single or is it just as beneficial to go to Red Robin and hang out with friends or go to work and finish projects that haven't been completed?

3 comments:

unity at arms length said...

Now this is a blog I can get on board with! Naturally I did some looking on LDS.org and my response ended up being so long that I lost it a couple times. So I posted my response on my own blog.

http://lisamlow.blogspot.com/2008/01/response-to-my-friends-blog.html

LuckyRedHen said...

I think it should be whatever the Spirit tells you it should be for where you are at in your life. See Lisa's post about it for further L&K.

Brian Lutz said...

I didn't know you were blogging these days... Anyway, in regards to your question, I have to admit to a tendency to sneak out of the activity portion of FHE every once in a while myself. I tend to think as long as I show up and stay for the lesson, I should be OK. Then again, that's just my opinion.