Saturday, January 12, 2008

SNOWBOARD PRO -At least on "Discovery"

Today Lisa Low, Mike Grass and I went snowboarding at Crystal. We didn't get there until pretty late which was ok with me because that meant less time for me to get hurt. I was a bit nervous because I haven't been in a while (5 years) and have only gone 3 total times. Apologies to Lisa and Mike about my whining in the car about being nervous. It had been so long that I forgot many things including warm socks but Lisa let me borrow her gingerbread boy socks that I put over my pair of socks. I just bought a Discovery lift ticket since I was wanting to slowly get back into it. We definitely made some discoveries, one of which was that I figured out that there are people that are less talented than me. It was actually going great until one time when I went to get off the lift and I curved to the left rather than straight and the chair came around and pushed me right over causing me do to a complete front flip. That was just one of my many performed tricks. It was definitely a confidence builder to be able to speed down the hill with the wind beneath my wings. I definitely rode that bunny hill for 8 strong seconds.

3 comments:

Miss Bell said...

I am glad you can fly higher than the eagles. It must have been cold there in Lisa and Mike's shadow...never to have sunlight on your face. I sure hope you kept the beautiful smile to hide your pain. All that wind beneath your wings.

Mike said...

I wish I could have been there. I will when I manage to stop smashing my head into blunt objects.

unity at arms length said...

ADAM... you're SLACKING!!!