Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tight Cut

About a week ago I was over at Mike Shin's house and saw that there was a coupon in the mail for a haircut. The coupon was for $19 and it not only came with a haircut but a complimentary drink, head and neck massage, a hot towel for the face, shampoo and display TV playing sports. Sounded like a pretty good deal so yesterday I decided that I would go try out the new place. I love finding coupons in the mail for haircuts, although they are usually $7.99 Super Cuts, but this one to Tight Cuts came with a massage which was much needed. Upon entering I was greeted by a girl that looked about my age wearing a short tight skirt (maybe this is why they call it tight cuts, not sure). She was very friendly and asked if I would like a drink. A minute later another gal came from the back saying that she was Nicole and asked me if I was ready. I went and sat in the chair and she began to cut my hair and chat with me. There were a couple of other employees sitting right next to me that were waxing each others arms and even offered me a wax job for my trip to Hawaii. I pleasantly declined their offer. After the cut was finished the shampoo and scalp massage began. Then the soothing steamed towel was placed on my face. Wow, this was almost as great as Satin Hands. Then the "neck" massage began. It was a little awkward at this point because her hands got a little further down my neck then what I considered my "neck". I will admit I was relaxed at this point until I remembered that I had left my coupon out in the car. Crap, how was I going to politely tell them that I needed to go to my car and get the coupon, especially after all that had gone on with this haircut. The haircut was still fairly inexpensive, however, I will probably stick with the usual Super Cuts or Great Clips next time.