Friday, April 25, 2008

Cirque Du Soleil

Last night I attended one of the best theatrical performances I have ever seen. I had always heard of Cirque Du Soleil and finally experienced it for myself. Corteo, which means "cortege" in Italian, is a joyous procession, a festive parade imagined by a clown. The clown pictures his own funeral taking place in a carnival atmosphere. There was so much to look at and listen to that my senses were overloaded. Drums, costumes, girls dressed in tights and bustiers flying from chandeliers and being tosses through the air. However, I did fear one of the characters who, to be politically correct, happened to be a little person. Yes, even with my height I fear them but who wouldn't fear an older woman with a child's voice that stands 2 feet tall. I especially got a little frightened when she began to float from these huge balloons throughout the audience. Just my luck, she started falling right down on top of me but luckily everyone around me gave her a little push on the feet to get her back into the air. The whole night was a surreal experience almost like a dream that took me back to childhood.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you did a little research. I was wondering what Corteo meant and now the story makes a little more sense. Did you just cut and paste that from their website? Maybe you should allow anonymous comments. This is from Megan.

Adam Larson said...

Yep, copied and pasted. Wish I could have taken in my camera. Just changed the settings to accept anonymous comments.

Jody said...

You luck duck!!!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Philip and I saw Corteo as well!! It was really good huh?! Glad you got to see it!
I actually loved the swarfs! They were so cute. Gregory was my favorite!